Color: Black / Green
Crafted in a hoops-inspired, 3/4-height silhouette, the Nike Air Flightposite delivers the modern look of Foamposite technology with the responsive cushioning of Zoom Air. Wear it zipped up, or showcase the traditional lacing underneath for a layered look.
Having once been the go-to sneaker for players like Kevin Garnett, the Nike Air Flightposite 2 has received a rather scarce retro cycle over the past decade. Since its debut in the early 2000s, the Foamposite-based basketball sneaker has sat on the sidelines as Beaverton’s signature lines for LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, and Kevin Durant have taken over hardwoods everywhere, but it’s back in a black and green colorway matching the jersey KG’s former team perfectly. Just like much of shoe’s branding and outsole, the model’s signature neoprene zippered-shroud is completely taken over by a tonal black similar to the “Eggplant” iteration from earlier this season. The only contrasting detail on this Zoom Air-cushioned sneaker is the clover green that animates the foam-based construction from midfoot to heel. Despite not being an OG colorway, this Boston Celtics palette pairs perfectly with a silhouette that was birthed during the NBA’s (arguably) golden era.
- Zoom Air unit provides responsive cushioning.
- Foamposite technology has a lightweight feel, durability and a modern look.
- Zipper covers traditional lacing and can be worn zipped up or open.
- 3/4-height collar adds coverage around your ankle.
- Internal bootie offers a snug fit.
- Rubber outsole provides durable traction.
- Ventilation pods on the side add breathability.